What is Love in short
At one Office a small group of officers, newly recruited, were undergoing desk training. After completing their training at the Officers Staff College. They would sit in the mini conference hall in the morning and there would be a review of the previous before dispersing for the day.These youngsters had come through a tough examination and interview. Many would have tried for the Civil Services, RBI etc and maybe State Civil Services in addition. It would take them time to completely focus on just where they were now. And some could have been at the stage of striking deep friendships too at the Officers Staff College.
One day, on arriving at the office, walking past the mini conference hall, I could make out a young lady officer was crying. Settling down at my office, the officer overseeing HR told me that one young lady officer was too upset. I decided to go over.
On entering the conference hall, I saw the young lady officer was crying as was a young male officer, he was not crying loudly but sobbing quietly, they were both shedding tears. The other three officers were sort of amused. And chilling.
I looked at the young lady and said to her, now calm down, enough of this, what has happened, why are you crying, all well at home. To the young male officer I simply gestured to wait and cool down.
The young lady officer simply said in between sobs, I failed the mains examination for the Civil Services and this was my final chance. Never mind, I told her, this happens after all it’s an examination, you qualified here and now settle down.
To the young male officer I now addressed my query, and you, why are you crying, did you also write the Civil Services Examination, did you also fail or is it something else which has upset you.
He replied immediately, No Sir, I passed the mains examination, but Sir she is my friend and I am crying as she is crying !! I cannot help it Sir, I am sorry, but it’s just happening on its own.
I was actually silenced by the sheer innocence of his response while the other youngsters were clearly enjoying it.
Now this is Love. How else would you define it.
Comments
Post a Comment